Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This Little Piggy Went To Market, Part Deux

A wise man once told me "Titles don't cost anything." I immediately figured him for a Yankees fan.

But when I thought about it, I realized he was right. So I started collecting titles like Garbage Pail Kids. Currently I care to be addressed as The Bizarro Punxsutawney Phil of Palms. Namely whenever I poke my head out of my burrow, the weather is guaranteed to change. I come outside one day and it's the hottest one in Los Angeles history. I wait a week...it's raining.

That meant three things.

A. It would be awhile before my $3 Big Lots beach mats would get an encore performance.
2. Fewer crowds at the Farmer's Market.
D. I should probably go outside more often.


The normal staples normally include apples, trail mix, gin(ger) and juice. But in an effort to promote seasonal eating, the walk home was spent googling how exactly one prepares Swiss Chard. Wish me luck.




Culver City Farmers' Market
Main Street between Venice and Culver
Every Tuesday, rain or shine from 2-7 pm

By the way, if you're looking for a farmers' market or co-op in your area, I always recommend LocalHarvest. Having spent some time in the Central Valley, I recognize the value of helping local growers. Not to mention FM fruits and vegetables taste better than the store bought ones...so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment