Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Barefoot Rattlesnakes & Smiling Trees

Calling yourself a "creature of habit" sounds a lot more mysterious than "guy in a rut". Regardless, it's Tuesday which means my weekly grocery shopping trip. It always begins with a walk through the Culver City Farmer's Market on Main Street between Venice & Culver. Having apples back in season (though I'm still waiting for the Pink Ladies) has slightly improved my mood over thoughts of summer being taken over by fall.

After getting my fill of fresh fruits and veggies, a brief stop at Trader Joe's rounds out the trip. Today was one of the days that I was rewarded for being a creature of habit.

Ladies and gentlemen...The Barefoot Rattlesnakes


At least, I think that's what they're called. That's the reluctant answer I got from one of the members. Nonetheless, any street band with not one but TWO singing saws is pretty cool.

Later, in an effort to not be "guy in a rut", I took a different route home. On the grand scale of life changes, it's not exactly picking up and moving to a new country, but it beats looking at the same scenery every day. And every once in awhile you find something out of the ordinary.


Sure, TVs and games are great...but how much for the oversized Mr. Potato Head pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment