Monday, September 13, 2010

Taking the Fork in the Road

After five plus hours alternating my gaze from the computer screen to the television, I figured it might be a good idea to head outside and get some vitamin D. Plus the Law and Order: Criminal Intent marathon was over. 

Usually walking aimlessly has worked out pretty well for me. I wish I could say the same for Walking With Purpose. One night in Tulsa comes to mind. But that's for another time. I've always been fascinated with buildings sitting along forks in the road which is how I first stumbled upon the Parish of St. Mary in Palms splitting the difference between Faris Dr. and Watseka Ave.

Part of the charm of Palms is the diverse look among the buildings. In a city that gets knocked for its lack of architecture, it's always cool to come across something that looks like nothing else. Not to mention there's something kinda apropos about a church being located at a fork in the road.


St. Mary in Palms
3647 Watseka Avenue 
stmarypalms.org

No comments:

Post a Comment