Sunday, September 19, 2010

Jack's 5th Show

The cool thing about being friends with cool people is getting to do cool stuff. So big thanks to Christine - always one of my favorite people for inviting me to the Jack show in Irvine on Saturday.

For one night, I ventured outside my five-mile bubble. Skid Row, Night Ranger, The Cult and The Steve Miller Band put on a damn fine show. But for a chance to see Young MC & Vanilla Ice...hell yeah!



Robert Van Winkle himself held court at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. No joke, RVW crushed his set. Never thought I'd see a Vanilla Ice show live...expected even less that I'd have a great time. The only thing more surreal than that was seeing Michael Rosenbaum hobnobbing with Young MC backstage. Yes, that Young MC.


Midway through Ice's set, it was taken over by a convention of Cougar Juggalos.


Not to be outdone, The Cult rocked pretty hard.


Even as a Dodger fan, I must bow down to a pair of kick ass Padre Reeboks, complete with the old-school Swingin' Friar logo. Props to Doug for this sweet find.



Vagina is for lovers. What's that? It's Virginia is for lovers? To-may-to. To-mah-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment