Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Claiming India Sweets & Spices In The Name of Palms

I look forward to Tuesdays since they're normally centered around Law & Order: SVU marathons and futilely waiting for J. Wellington Wimpy to pay me back for lunch.

It's also Samosa Day! In what has become a weekly ritual after my stop at the Farmer's Market, I pop into India Sweets & Spices. I was introduced to their spiced potato-filled bits of Savory Snack Heaven by Eniko, who heard about them from Anuja, who just went there on her own. Go Anuja!

The lunch buffet is quality as well, not to mention cheap. But those little golden gifts of goodness give me something to look forward to every week - plus an additional way to use up the ginormous bottle of Sriracha I bought from their market. Wash 'em down with a Mango Lassi, aka the sweet nectar of the SSH gods and that's a pretty good afternoon.

Oh and pay no attention to the Culver City zip code. They're on the Palms side of Venice Boulevard, so they belong to us. Don't try to argue with me! (*fingers in ears* I'm not listening....LALALALALALA!!!!)


By the way, this is their new sign. It recently replaced one that was hand spray-painted. This one is nice, but it lacks the character of the old one. If anyone has a picture of the old sign, please email it to me. I'd love to post it - with all props to the appropriate person/people, of course.

India Sweets & Spices
9409 Venice Blvd.
310.839.8607

2 comments:

  1. yummmm. I love this place. Anuja swears they have the best samosa's in the city. She says they are just like in India. I would have to take her word for it since I've never been. Let's go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BEST samosas EVER!!
    Next Tuesday we need to go there. Just want to make sure that you guys get fresh samosas and not stale ones, you know my brethren :)

    ReplyDelete