Friday, September 24, 2010

This Little Piggy Went To Market

Friday afternoon, I found myself cruising the streets of Palms and Culver City feeling a little bit like Johnny Kemp, wondering what to do with the $20 burning a hole in my pocket. Beers at happy hour? Pizza and beer? Beer and beer?

Since a $7 12-pack of the High Life (it is the Champagne of Beers after all!) solved half of my dilemma for me, I started to think that maybe I shouldn't undo all of this week's good work at the gym in one fell swoop. After all, Rome wasn't destroyed in a day...or something like that.

So instead, I decided to hit up my local corner market for some goodies to cook up for a semi-nutritious dinner. $1.50 later, I had enough garlic to make a garlic butter cream sauce as well as keep Team Edward from coming anywhere near my apartment. Plus it erased what minuscule pangs of guilt I felt for continually using the change machine at the store-owned laundromat next door. Huzzah!


Palms Super Market
3658 Motor Ave.
310.202.1230

No comments:

Post a Comment