Monday, September 27, 2010

Hot Buttered Bugs

I'm pretty certain that my internal organs are compiling a daily list of grievances that they will file against me at the worst possible moment in some sort of misguided labor battle. But until the day my hands go beyond my control and literally cut my nose off to spite my face, there will be days like Saturday.

Because eating pizza and drinking beer in front of the television (allegedly) gets boring, my girlfriend Teresa was able to convince me to head out on a college football day to Redondo Beach for the Lobster Festival - but not until after the Trojans finished their beatdown of Washington State. Of course, the promise of more food and drink made the decision a little easier.

And food and drink there was...in abundance. All sorts of different booths selling all manners of tasty snacks. But I couldn't go to a lobster festival and not have lobster. That would be like watching an episode of Three's Company that somehow didn't involve a crazy misunderstanding.

Having just had my first crawfish experience a few months ago in New Orleans, it hit me just how much lobsters look like giant insects. Now if only silverfish tasted as good with lemon and butter. Did I just say that out loud? We'll chalk that up to the beer talking. Or the euphoria over hearing an honest-to-goodness Steely Dan tribute band.



It never stood a chance.

We were even lucky enough to hang out with Daniel Tosh's stunt double

No comments:

Post a Comment